Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Drop Pod Qualification

In order to qualify for command of the Drop Pods on the Prometheus, I had to follow a series of tasks. These tasks were to Rez (make appear) and DeRez (make disappear) the Drop Pods themselves, take a Drop Pod down the the surface and back up to the ship, then take a Drop Pod to a given vector (<133,60,2272>), and take pictures.

These are some pictures from my trip to the surface:

This is landing on the surface.

This is traveling through space and back to the ship.


Almost made it back to the ship.

Made it back safe.

These are some pictures of my journey to vector <133,60,2272> (which turns out to be the middle of the sky):

Heading down to the mysterious vector <133,60,2272>.

If I step out, I'll continue falling to the surface.


Drop Pod is suspended in mid-air, at vector <133,60,2272>.

Returning safely to the ship.

That was a really exciting adventure. It took me a couple tries to figure out how to sit on the ship and control it, but I got the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment