Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Video Game Graphics

This assignment was to watch a video about the early progression of graphics used in video games. Although I was only able to identify nine of the numerous amount of games listed, I could recognize the difference in the graphic types. There is a clear progression in the quality of graphics used by video game designers.

Some of the games I could identify fell into a few categories:

Pixels
Pong
Space Invaders

Color
Indy 4
Galaxian
Pac-Man - I remember playing this game in elementary and middle school on the one computer we had in class. If you were well-behaved, the teacher would let you use the computer for your free time activity. My friends and I would write down our high scores on our folders to keep track of who was the best.

Vector
Asteroids

Scrolling
Super Mario - This was a staple in my house growing up. When my brother got his first Nintendo, this was the game to play. We would all fight over who got to play, and then get grounded from playing it.

Scaling
Turbo - This was the go-to racing game at the arcade. My dad used to be the head of security at a fun-plex that was filled with the latest and greatest arcade games from the 80's and 90's.
Hang-On



No comments:

Post a Comment