Sunday, December 15, 2013

Digital Inequality

After reading about digital inequality and that divide that exists, I have confirmed what I have been observing in my classroom for year. Having previously taught in a more wealthy school district in New Jersey, I have seen the academic potential of the students whose parents can afford to supply them with the technology to success. Now, teaching in an area of increasing poverty in New Orleans, I see what little technology can be afforded by those who struggle financially. I have seen with my own eyes the differences in technological advancement between students of different Socioeconomic Statuses. I was surprised at how many articles are written that present ideas on how to close that gap and allow my under served students to obtain an education equal to the students I used to teach. I look forward to continuing my search for ways to level the playing field with technology in education.

For my Digital Inequality presentation, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment