Sunday, December 15, 2013

School Evaluation Summary

Before completing this survey, I was already aware that my school, SCH, has some very strong strengths, but primarily some very concerning weaknesses. We have the access to technology, but a very reluctant staff. Although my school and charter network are moving in the right direction, we have a VERY long way to go. Staff behavior and thinking needs to be refined to create a more accepting and adapting learning environment so the students can have access to 21st century problems. As a 7th grade teacher, I have students who are so unfamiliar with technology that they didn't even know how to search Google when they entered my classroom. Teachers need to consistently use technology so that students will not be discouraged upon entering high school, college, and even the global work force.

Below are the links for my School Evaluation Survey and Summary. The Summary gives a glimpse at how my school lacks in the technology realm and how we may even be better than some other schools. A lot of the problem occurs not with the technology itself, but the implementation of it.


SCH School Evaluation Survey

SCH School Evaluation Summary

No comments:

Post a Comment