Monday, December 9, 2013

Tech Trends

After viewing the 2013 Horizon Report, I have been able to really see how far the typical classroom design has progressed since I was in Middle School. Although I am just as up on technology as my students are (maybe not), my students just have a knack of learning anything technological instantly. The most intriguing part of the 2013 Horizon Report was the section on mobile learning. If I read this information to my students, they would look at me like I'm speaking Ancient Egyptian because they just know how technology works. I have students that can navigate an iPhone in about 3 seconds flat while struggling to read a text that is 5 grade levels below their current grade. How does that happen? Within my review of the Horizon Report, I try to use this mobile learning technology to encourage and support my students enough to give them a boost in their reading levels.

My Tech Trends review of the 2013 Horizon Report can be viewed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment